Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Copper necklace

Here is a new Copper necklace, I like to work with metals, the copper is a good way to experiment with large gauge wire without the expence of Silver.

The first necklace seemed to have to be bent or fitted to indivual necks so on this one I made a joint. It worked well, fits down on individual necks much better.

This one I simplified even more.

An artist friend won a wire necklace at the Ramona Art Guilds Wire demo I did. When she wore it I could see she needed some earrings to wear with it. This is the first pair I tried, the photo makes them look huge, I have to get some copper wire the right gauge and try some more.

This pendant with embedded silver fired looking copper so I thought it would be a good one to make a copper necklace to go with it. I think I'll try a smaller gauge wire.

This is the finished necklace:

1 comment:

Lydia Velarde said...

Lyn these are so pretty. I can't wait to see the koi. will you bring them to Judy's?