Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sketches, 5 more pups and drawing TV faces!

5 more pups from memory.  I think because I've drawn soooo many horses it has helped with the dogs in motion.
Drawing faces from TV, I get someones eyes, next persons nose etc.  Lots of different shaped eyes, jawline and hairlines!  Portraiture is a weakness in art for me. Other than wire faces that look much like these I've made few attempts.  I downloaded a free portraiture link from Artist Daily, humm......Maybe that should be my next 100??
Sketches

6 comments:

DJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ said...

Let's not be too hasty to put ourselves down. Your portraits are not bad, actually.
Keep going; you have a lot of potential.

Revelle Taillon said...

looks like your practice is paying off!

Unknown said...

I think they're excellent and loose...something I try desperately to bring to mine! And thanks for mentioning the portrait tutorial...I'm off to find it!

Timaree said...

You aren't doing portraits here but sketches of moving people! That is really hard. If someone sat very still in front of you I am sure you'd do much better. Those pups sure have lots of poses. Nice job on them and your people sketches.

Anonymous said...

The pups are just wonderful, so lively! I agree with freebird, these are quick gesture sketches of moving people and terrific in their own right.